“There is no better designer than nature”
UX Designer – Shoreditch – Family Owned Fashion Retailer
To quote Alexander McQueen there is no better designer than nature, however I am seeking the second-best designer next to nature!!
We are currently seeing an exciting period of change as we embark on a huge digital transformation, consequently we are looking to hire a talented UX Designer to join our team based out of our digital hub of excellence in Shoreditch.
We seek a passionate, creative, innovative and experienced UX Designer who has a thirst and hunger for innovation and creativity with the desire to produce beautiful products for our end user.
You will of course be rational, curious, experimental and calm. Our UX Design family makes sure that our users’ needs are always held at the forefront of our minds when creating.
You will be a Designer who thrives driving and working to the full cycle of UX Design from Research to deployment. From sketching ideas to running workshops with multiple stakeholders, so we’re looking for someone happy to get their hands dirty.
You will be business savvy and understand that beautifully crafted UX design can help reach our business goals of becoming the industry leader in digital products, and they simplify processes so that our products are always logical and easy to use.
You will collaborate closely with your colleagues within UX & Design team and across the wider Development and Product business, including Web Development, Graphic Design just to name a few. All products are Design and produced in house.
The day to day life of our UX Designer
• Lead full-lifecycle consumer-engagement and UX design initiatives - work with project managers and other relevant business owners throughout the product lifecycle.
• Encourage the quantity, quality and effective integration of user-generated creative content
• Champion the importance of responsive design to ensure an optimal experience across all platforms
• Provide multiple variants of a design at short notice and then engaging in creative debate
• Be disruptive – challenge convention and existing working practices using justifiable arguments
• Influencer in product decisions and conversations
We know what good looks like
• Impressive UX portfolio.
• Have experience designing for Android and iOS as well as the responsive web
• Have experience with prototyping tools – Axure, Balsamiq, Proto.io, InVision or similar
• Have usability knowledge and experience with detailed information architecture (wireframing).
• Full cycle designer; from concept and wireframes through to solutions, polish and asset creation.
• Be an expert in Adobe Creative Suite
It never gets mundane
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then this is the place to be!
As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it!
Our Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require in performing your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!