Tech Lead, Retail, London
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work in the capacity of a Technical Lead.
As a fast growing digital business we offer an exciting environment to work in! We are investing heavily in our digital platforms utilising the very best in new technology across our range of platforms and internal systems. This is a Greenfield opportunity, and we'd like you to drive the journey from here.
- Ideally 8 plus years’ (Minimum 6 years) experience in a software engineer role with some experience as a technical lead
- Experience using agile development methodologies test-driven development, continuous integration and iterative development
- Ability to work in a high pressure, deadline driven environment managing multiple priorities
- Hands on experience in leading a team of Software Engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player who is willing to work outside immediate team to deliver on common organizational goals
- Able to write and review detailed technical design specifications, including data modelling techniques
- Action orientated person with a track record of delivery
- Able to analyse issues/blockers and provide suitable options for resolution
Technical skill sets (required)
- The client welcome applicants with a range of technologies including but not limited to React, Node, Java, C#, Golang.
- New technologies are welcomed and experience with Integration, API, Microservices, Kubernutes etc etc
We are on a journey to utilise new technology and adopt agile and CI/CD processes as much as possible so knowledge here is useful.
Experience of leading a team is useful but not essential, we can take someone on who has the ability and desire to grow into this kind of role. What is key is that you are an experienced software engineer who is a team player and enjoys working in a collaborative fashion.
Benefits of working for us include bonus, pension, clothing allowance, Partnership Scheme Eligibility, Annual Trip, large company conference (abroad), free meal every day.
If this sounds interesting and you are interested in joining an organisation committed to investing in the latest tech then get in touch for more information!