We are looking for experienced SDETs to champion QA and test automation in our cross-functional teams. With a thorough working knowledge of agile methodologies and technical testing, you will engage proactively with your team to understand business requirements and develop automated tests to maximise the effectiveness of in-sprint and regression testing.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Develop robust and scalable test automation solutions and create high quality, maintainable and performant test code.
- Work in Agile scrum team to build and maintain reliable automated unit, functional, integration and acceptance tests to ensure coverage at all levels of the tech stack.
- Collaborate with Tech-Leads and SME’s in the area to identify and improve testing through test automation
- Create documentation around the framework, best practices, and learnings
- Mentor/Coach team members on developing automated tests
- Advocate test-first approach and testing best practices
- Actively participate in the Test Automation Community of Practice.
- Collaborate with developers on architecture and design, evaluate and improve processes to enhance software quality
- As an embedded tester in a scrum team, develop automated tests and exploratory test stories to completion.
- Ensures all work is completed on time and under established processes, practices, procedures and quality standards
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Test Automation experience in Cucumber-JVM BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and Selenium/Appium Testing Frameworks using Java
- Experience in building modular and scalable test automation frameworks from scratch for a variety of applications covering web, responsive web & native apps.
- Extensive experience with quality assurance tools, practices, and techniques
- Significant experience of testing eCommerce solutions
- Understanding of agile methodologies such as test-driven development, continuous integration, agile testing
- Experience of CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, ConcourseCI, etc. and Build tools like Maven, Gradle, etc
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Exposure to microservices architecture, docker containerisation, and CICD
- Knowledge of restful web services and experience of automated API testing
- Project/Issue tracking tools such as Jira
- Test Management tools such as Zephyr, Quality Center or similar
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)