Yep. We can’t escape it, the news of COVID-19 now being a global pandemic and the UK teetering on the edge of full lockdown has EVERYONE concerned.
While we know it’s scary (and let’s face it we have a right to be worried) it’s really important we try to remain optimistic in these somewhat uncertain times.
So, with that being said, here are some positives to take away from the world right now…
- Of 80,000 people sick from COVID-19 in China, more than 70% have recovered and have been discharged from hospitals. (World Health Organisation)
- Scientists figured out how the coronavirus breaks into human cells, which will help significantly when it comes to developing treatments! (Live Science)
- The city of Detroit in the USA is restoring water services to homes with unpaid bills so people can wash their hands and protect themselves from the virus. (The Guardian)
- Codogno, one of the two coronavirus hotspots in Italy reported zero new infections for the first time last week! (ANSA.IT)
- Footy fans in Italy are donating their ticket refunds to hospitals in need.
- Organisations and members of the public are rallying together to get supplies to those most vulnerable from the virus. (Vox.com)
- China has reported that its oldest Coronavirus patient has now beat the illness and tested negative. A 103-year-old woman! (The Independent)
- The Times has also reported that Coronavirus lock-downs have improved air quality across the world!
If you are currently in lockdown, working from home or self-isolating we’re sending our good vibes and energy your way!
Now, if you find yourself with more time on your hands and along with everything else are concerned about losing focus when it comes to your career and working life, here are some things you could incorporate into your day…
Brush up on your skills!
Why not brush up on your current skills or learn a new one with the extra free time you have? From our experience, tech professionals who consistently upskill and are proactive in their learning are more likely to achieve those all-important pay rises, have a sense of job satisfaction and stand out against other candidates when it comes to looking for a new position.
Update your CV
Maybe your shift in daily activity has meant you’ve had more time to reflect on your career and your current role. Weigh up the pros and cons of your current job and what your long-term career goals are. Are you on track to meet them? Is your current job holding you back? It could be time to update your CV and get the ball rolling in looking for a new job.
Take a look at our current roles here.
Catch up with your favourite recruiter!
We can assure you we’re still out on the front-line, filling roles for our clients who are still keen to hire. Now could be a perfect opportunity to make contact with recruiters in your network who will be able to guide you on the current market and advise you on the next steps in your career.
Make contact with our market experts here.
Book in a video interview!
Some of our clients are still keen to continue their recruitment process and are adopting more of a remote interviewing process. For those clients embracing technology in this way, the current climate may work in your favour by giving you more time to prepare, complete these interviews and maybe even secure a new role!
Ask us! Click here to get in contact about the next steps in your career, we’d love to help you.